We respect your privacy.
This privacy page describes the types of information we may collect from you, how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information when you visit our website hosted by Donor Drive (referred to as the Site). Donor Drive-hosted websites all display the name “Donor Drive” in the footer of each page on those sites and Donor Drive-hosted websites include https://www.lobocancerchallenge.org.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you register for an account; upload, view, or download certain features or content; participate in events; enter contests; or donate;
- Social networks through which you may access the Site or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender; and
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers.
We use a third-party payment processor to process payments and donations made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments and donations, we do not obtain your payment card information.
When you use the Site, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Site and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Site (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve and personalize our Site, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Site.
If you have received a promotional email from us or from The University of New Mexico Foundation, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by installing the browser add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
If you have an account with us, you can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process donations that you provide and complete other transactions you have requested using the Site, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your donations and other transactions using the Site;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our services, promotions, and events;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our organization and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Site and transactions conducted using the Site;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
The Lobo Cancer Challenge website is hosted by Donor Drive. Donor Drive has implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. Donor Drive cannot guarantee that the security measures they have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
You should not post any information on the publicly-accessible portions of the Site that you deem to be private or confidential.
Requesting deletion of data
In order to request deletion of your data from the Lobo Cancer Challenge, please reach out to [email protected] Please note some of your data may still be stored on third party websites.
The University of New Mexico Foundation
Since its creation, and in accordance with The University of New Mexico policy, all private gifts are received through The University of New Mexico Foundation (referred to as the Foundation), which has the responsibility for managing contributions to all University programs. Gifts to the UNM Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Foundation do not sell or share your information with third parties, but the Foundation will routinely share information with The University of New Mexico and affiliated organizations that support the University.
Pertinent information is reproduced from the Foundation’s Privacy Statement below:
Information Collection and Use
The Foundation collects and retains personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us – such as when you provide personal information with a gift, in an email, on a form, in a conversation, or in any other electronic, telephonic, or in-person manner.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personal information.
We may use personal information for the purpose of, among other things:
- Responding to your requests for information or services;
- Making informed and targeted ad placements;
- Sending you newsletters and otherwise providing you with information or services that we think will be of interest to you;
- Sending you announcements, invitations to events, and other items on behalf of the University that we think will be of interest to you based on your previous interaction with the Foundation or the University;
- Soliciting volunteers, donations and support for the Foundation and the University;
- Requesting feedback from you.
For questions about the Foundation’s Privacy Statement or to request data deletion from the Foundation, contact:
Patrick D. Allen, UNM Foundation General Counsel, at (505) 313-7605 or at [email protected]
Note some of your data may still be stored on third party sites.
Please visit the Foundation’s Privacy Statement for more information.