I am fighting cancer by joining the Lobo Cancer Challenge. I’ve committed to raise funds to help New Mexicans facing cancer. Please consider giving what you can. All of the funds raised by riders, runners and walkers in the Challenge — 100 percent — support cancer patient care and research, education and training at The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center in Albuquerque.
The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center has been a place of great hope and inspiration for me. My medical team, as led by Dr. Carolyn Muller, always kept the vision looking forward and always remembered that I am a person and not a disease. I will always be grateful for the care I received, and am receiving, from the UNM CCC.
Thanks for your help - every amount helps, and it stays right here to help others in their cancer journeys.
Did you know that the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center …
- Is the only cancer center in our state designated by the National Cancer Institute. It is one of only 49 NCI Comprehensive Cancer Centers, placing it in the top 3% of cancer centers in the United States.
- Has the state's largest, most comprehensive team of more than 125 board-certified oncologists in every cancer specialty.
- As a multidisciplinary team, oncological physicians and surgeons collaborate to develop the most effective plan for each patient, working with nurses, pharmacy and staff to coordinate the patient's care.
- Offers 175 clinical trials, making the latest and most advanced treatments available to all New Mexicans. The treatments include immunotherapies, cell-based therapies, cancer precision medicine, and targeted treatments derived from genomic sequencing.
- Conducts world class research to discover the causes and cures for those cancers that most frequently affect New Mexicans. Its physicians and scientists have translated their discoveries into new and more effective treatments for breast and ovarian cancer, leukemias and other blood cancers, melanomas, brain tumors, and many other types of cancer.