The University of New Mexico
Comprehensive Cancer Center
UNM Cancer Center is the only facility in New Mexico that offers:
• Radiation Therapy,
• Cancer Surgery,
• Cancer Genetic Counseling,
• Clinical Trials,
• Supportive Care, and
• An Onsite Pharmacy
• Together under one roof.
The UNM Cancer Center is ranked among the top 3% of cancer centers in the United States.
• It is one of only 51 centers in the nation to achieve a Comprehensive designation from the National Cancer Institute.
It is home to New Mexico’s largest team of cancer specialists.
• More than 140 board-certified oncology physicians from top institutions such as MD Anderson, Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic represent every cancer specialty.
• More than 100 scientists from schools such as Harvard, MIT and Memorial Sloan-Kettering are recognized throughout the nation for breakthrough research in genomics, leukemia, nanotechnology, radioisotopes and drug discovery.
• Our research scientists bring their discoveries home to UNM Cancer Center oncology physicians for innovative treatment options.
Multidisciplinary teams collaborate to develop the most effective treatment plan for each patient.
• Cancer physicians and surgeons work together with nurses, pharmacy and staff to coordinate the patient’s care.
• Nurse navigators serve as a regular point of contact for the patient throughout their cancer care. Patient navigators help to find any support needed outside of treatment.
One hundred percent of every dollar raised by the Lobo Cancer Challengers supports world-class cancer care at home for New Mexicans.
Visit the new website for The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Lobo Cancer Challenge is Presented By