- Home >
- Get Involved >
- Team Development
Team Development Guidelines
The Advantages of a Team
- Teams are a great way to meet other people with a passion for fighting cancer.
- Team members can train together, even if you don’t ride the same route.
- Teams can hold joint events to raise money and have fun together.
- Teams can learn fundraising tips and strategies from each other.
- Team members can support each other.
- Your team can earn team prizes. The Lobo Cancer Challenge is giving prizes to the top 3 fundraising teams.
- Team members may participate in different distances, or even as a virtual rider, remaining together in spirit! Although not required, many teams choose to create jerseys or T-shirts or carry a banner to show their unity.
How to Start A Lobo Cancer Challenge Team
Creating a team is easy and fun. A team can have 2 people or 200!
- Designate your Team Captain.
- The ideal choice for a Team Captain is someone with great communication and motivational skills.
- Your Team Captain starts the team when they register for the Lobo Cancer Challenge.
- The Team Captain enters the Team Name and Fundraising Goal, and clicks “Next Step.”
- This takes the Captain into their own individual registration process, with their individual fundraising goal and chosen route.
- Upon registration, they’re done! Now they’re ready to ask others to join their team!
How to Bring Back A Team From Last Year
It’s as simple as choosing the “Bring a Team Back” option when the Team Captain registers this year.
- Everyone from last year who is registering for this year will automatically have the opportunity to enter last year’s user name and password — to log in first — towards the start of their registration.
- Follow the prompts in the registration process.
- If you forgot your user name or password, the system will send you assistance by email.
- You must complete registration for this year to be entered into this year’s Lobo Cancer Challenge.
- When last year’s Team Captain logs in and completes their registration, they will automatically be associated with last year’s Team.
How to Join A Lobo Cancer Challenge Team
- You may join a team when you register.
- On this page, select “Join a Current Team” to begin your own registration.
- Enter your Team Name in the field and select “Search for a Team.”
- Click “Join” beside your team’s name in the search results.
- This takes you into your own registration, where you may choose your route.
- Upon registration, you’re part of the team!
- If you have already registered, you may use your Participant Center to join a team.
- Login to the website using the “LOGIN” link found in the top red navigation. (You may still be logged in if you selected this option during registration.) While logged into the site:
- Use the “Go to my Fundraising Page” link that appears in the top red navigation to visit your Participation Center. While there:
- Select the “Change Team Membership” link in the right navigation, which takes you to a page where you may search for a team.
Each team member agrees to raise the minimum for the route they choose, but team members can work together to raise their funds and have fun at the same time! The Lobo Cancer Challenge website has great fundraising resources, including team fundraising ideas.
Top Fundraising Teams will be recognized during the event weekend, and we’ll highlight the Top Fundraising Teams and the Team with the Most Members on our website.
All members of the team are eligible for individual fundraising incentives.