We welcome cyclists of all abilities and experience
Join us on Saturday, September 23, 2023. Routes begin and end at University Stadium in Albuquerque, home of the UNM Lobos!
- 25-mile ride tours Albuquerque’s Paseo del Bosque Trail along the Rio Grande.
- 50-mile route offers a challenging ride through the east Sandia Mountains.
- All rides offer scenic, serene views.
25 mile ride
This ride offers cyclists an opportunity to enjoy some of the best views in the valley. The Paseo del Bosque Trail winds along the Rio Grande, with flat tree-lined terrain. It is downhill to the Trail and a climb upon return to the Stadium. Two rest stops will be provided to support riders.
The Paseo del Bosque is a multi-use trail. You may encounter many different kinds of users. Expect to meet bicyclists, walkers, runners, people with wheelchairs, in-line skaters, equestrians, families with strollers, among others. Always remember that courtesy and caution are a part of having an enjoyable and safe experience on Open Space trails. (Information about the Paseo Del Bosque Trail from Albuquerque Parks & Recreation)
50 mile ride - NEW route!
This new route will first take riders east out of Albuquerque towards Sandia Crest, then south on Hwy 337 from Tijeras. During the slow climb, riders will pass the Chamisoso, Tunnel and Sabino Canyons. Keep your heads up and eyes peeled to take notice of the dozens of miles of hiking and biking trails on either side of Hwy 337. This may be where your next adventure lies! At mile 30, riders reach the highest point of the ride. While you’re getting refreshed at the Oak Flats rest stop, pause to enjoy and take it all in, because it’s all downhill from there!
All riders enjoy a world-class experience and support from our team:
- Exclusive start/finish location inside University Stadium, home of the UNM Lobos;
- Pre-event fundraising tips;
- Your own online fundraising page where you can accept donations;
- Ride support, including rest stops, mechanical and medical;
- Energetic volunteers and community members supporting and cheering your effort;
- Hearing your name announced upon your ride completion, then enjoying lunch to celebrate! Showers and massage available.