Creating a team is easy and fun. A team can have 2 people or 200!
- You may start a team yourself or choose a Captain from among your group. Communication and motivational skills are an asset in the Captain’s role.
A successful Team Captain will:
- Encourage team members to raise money for top-level research / patient care support at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Invite team members to take the lead as coordinators of fundraising and training activities.
- Make participation in the Lobo Cancer Challenge a unique and fun experience for the entire team!
- Update the team’s webpage to tell the team’s story and upload a team photo.
How to start a Team:
- THE CAPTAIN MUST REGISTER FIRST, and selects “Create a Team” after choosing your Route.
- When the Captain completes registration, the team is begun! Now invite others to join the team!
- PRO TIP: Choose the team name before the Team Captain begins registration.
- A Team Captain has access to edit the Team Page where they can set the Team’s Fundraising Goal, send emails to team members, and more.
Participants may join a team when you register.
- Select “Join a Team” after you choose your Route.
- Enter your Team Name in the field that says “Find a Team to join” and select “Search.”
- Upon registration, you’re part of the team!
While many teams enjoy training together and riding, running or walking together on the day of the Lobo Cancer Challenge, this is not a requirement. Team members may actually choose different routes, or join the team as a Virtual Challenger. Team members pull together in spirit!
Many teams choose to design custom jerseys or T-shirts or carry a banner as a fun way to show their unity.
When they register, each team member agrees to raise their individual minimum commitment.
However, team members can work together on fundraising activities and have fun at the same time!
Team members can help each other towards their individual goals by passing along fundraising ideas, participating in fundraising activities together, and reaching out to support and encourage each other in their efforts.
- All members of the team are eligible for individual fundraising incentives.
- The Top Three Fundraising Teams will be recognized during the event weekend, and we’ll highlight the Top Fundraising Teams on our website.
Advantages of Being on a Team
- Teams are a great way to meet other people with a passion for fighting cancer.
- Team members can train together, even if you don’t ride the same route.
- Teams can hold joint events to raise money and have fun together.
- Teams can learn fundraising tips and strategies from each other.
- Team members can support each other.