In the last several years, I have known several people who have had cancer. Some have survived, some have not. The staff at UNM Cancer Center have been incredible in their support of them through their journey. I am riding in the Lobo Cancer Challenge on September 23 their honor. They include Rupert, Mark, Donna, Richard, and Denise. I’ve committed to raising funds to support cancer research and to help people facing cancer in our community. Please help me by contributing what you can. Every amount helps and it stays right here, to help people right here, in our community. Every dollar you donate to my ride — 100 percent of it! — goes to cancer research and cancer patient care.
Did you know that …
- The University of New Mexico Comprehensive Cancer Center is the only cancer center in our state with designation from the National Cancer Institute. Of the 1,500 cancer centers in the country, it is one of only 47 that is designated as Comprehensive.
- The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center conducts research particularly focused on those cancers that affect New Mexicans most. Its scientists translate some of these discoveries into new treatments each year through clinical trials.
- The UNM Cancer Center’s clinical trials make the latest and most advanced treatments available to everyone in New Mexico? The UNM Cancer Center is a founding partner in the New Mexico Cancer Care Alliance.
- The UNM Cancer Center has more than 125 board-certified oncology (cancer) specialty doctors. Their team includes cancer surgeons in every specialty, adult and pediatric hematologists/medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and radiation oncologists.
- Every patient at the UNM Cancer Center gets a personalized treatment plan that their team of doctors creates just for them. That plan takes the patient’s wishes and situation into account and gives them the best chance to overcome their cancer.
- The UNM Cancer Center offers many, many different programs to help each person facing cancer and the people who love and support them. Cancer affects every part of life and everyone could use help when faced with fighting it.
That’s why I chose to ride in the Lobo Cancer Challenge. Thanks for helping me to fight cancer!