Why form a team?
- Teams are a great way to meet other people with a passion for fighting cancer.
- Team members can train together, even if you don’t ride the same route.
- Teams can raise money together through joint events.
- Teams have fun raising money together and team members can learn fundraising tips and strategies from each other.
- Your team can earn team prizes. The Lobo Cancer Challenge is giving prizes to the top 3 fundraising teams.
How to Start A Lobo Cancer Challenge Team
Creating a team is easy and fun! A team can be comprised of 2 people, or even 200 people!
- Designate your Team Captain
- Have your Team Captain log on to www.lobocancerchallenge.org
- Click on Register
- Select Start a Team
- Enter your Team Name, Fundraising Goal, and Recruitment Goal
- You’re done! Now you’re ready to ask others to join your team!
Your Team Captain
The person creating the team will be designated as the Team Captain. The ideal choice for a Team Captain is someone with great communication and motivational skills. A successful Team Captain will:
- Encourage team members to raise money for The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Invite specific people to take the lead as coordinators of specific fundraising and training activities.
- Make participation in the Lobo Cancer Challenge a unique and fun experience for the entire team!
From the team webpage, the Team Captain can send emails to each team member, to the entire team and to donors. The Team Captain can also update the team webpage to tell the team’s story and upload a team photo. And the Team Captain can monitor team donations using the reporting feature.
Each team member agrees to raise the minimum for the route they choose, but team members can work together to raise their funds and have fun at the same time! The Lobo Cancer Challenge website has great fundraising resources, including some great team fundraising ideas.
The Top Fundraising Team also receives recognition during the event weekend. We will highlight the Top Fundraising Team and the Team with the Most Members on our website and will recognize them during the official Celebration at University Stadium. All members of the team are eligible for individual fundraising incentives.
Let everyone know you are participating in the Lobos vs. Cancer Challenge. Download the flyers here to announce your goal and track your progress.
We have separated our Flyers to support your efforts:
Personal Fundraising Flyer
Team Fundraising Flyer
Team Promo Flyer
- Team members must register individually on the Lobo Cancer Challenge website. After registering they should select “Join a Team” and can then select your team name from a list.
- Team members may participate in different distances, or even as a virtual rider, remaining together in spirit! Although not required, many teams choose to create jerseys or T-shirts or carry a banner to show their unity.
- Team members can gather before and after the ride on Saturday in a team area at University Stadium. The team area will feature a photo backdrop where teams can capture images for their scrapbook.
- We will recognize the top fundraising team and the team with the most members during the official Celebration on Saturday, September 23rd.