- Home >
- Resources >
- Tools for Teams & Captains
Tools for Teams and their Captains
The Role of the Team Captain
The person designated as the Team Captain by the group will create the team when they register. Or, an individual may start a team on their own and invite others to join. The ideal choice for a Team Captain is someone with great communication and motivational skills. A successful Team Captain will:
- Encourage team members to raise money for top-level research and patient care support services at the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Invite specific people to take the lead as coordinators of specific fundraising and training activities.
- Make participation in the Lobo Cancer Challenge a unique and fun experience for the entire team!
Customize the Team Webpage to Make it Unique
- The Team Captain can update the team webpage to tell the team’s story and upload a team photo.
- The Captain may use the Team Page tab at the top of their Participant Center to edit and set up the team's page.
- Captains will find the “View Team Roster” link to the right on the Home page of their Participant Center.
Let everyone know you are participating in the Lobo Cancer Challenge.
- Members of the Team can use the convenient Social Media icons in the footer of the page that will link directly back to the Team page. Team members can invite their social media networks to join the team!
- Post this flyer to help recruit team members. The fields are editable for you to customize.
- Download the team goal flyer to list team members and chart the progress.
- Download the individual flyer to help a team member promote their own goal for fundraising.
Each team member agrees to raise the minimum for the route they choose, but team members can work together to raise their funds and have fun at the same time! The Lobo Cancer Challenge website has great fundraising resources, including team fundraising ideas.
Top Fundraising Teams will be recognized during the event weekend, and we’ll highlight the Top Fundraising Teams and the Team with the Most Members on our website.
All members of the team are eligible for individual fundraising incentives.